Search This Blog

Friday 17 January 2014

Living with a stroke

After 3.5 months in hospital I have now been home for 2 weeks. My walking is slowly improving, my swallow maybe a little better but the worst aspect is still feeling very giddy and unsteady when  moving.  Although I feel I am "on the mend" I must learn to take things a step at a time and not expect overnight miracles


UPDATE Jan 25th:  It is now 3 weeks since I have been home.The promised visits from the Community Stroke Team have NOT happened and I'm unable to contact them as their lines go unanswered or get disconnected. Do they even know about me? Yet again poor  NHS communication is the issue. They need to fix this fast.

1 comment:

  1. Roger, I have been suffering from giddiness and unsteadiness ever since my brain operations. I haven't found confirmation of this but I guess it is one of the after effects of brain surgery.

    I have been referred to a physiotherapist who has given me a set of exercise to do to "challenge my semse of balance." They must be working as I am getting better at doing them, though I am still more oinfident with Olga's supporting arm.

    Keep on getting better Best wishes and 73

    Julian, G4ILO

    ReplyDelete