Search This Blog

Friday 14 March 2014

Body Mass Indicator

During my hospital stay I lost 1.5 stone in weight but have been recovering since. My dietician says I am already at my "right" weight and should now try to maintain this, reducing the liquid feed by 100ml every 2 weeks if my weight is not falling. I am liquid fed by a peg in my stomach for 7.25 hours a day but also eat some solid food and drinks by mouth now, thankfully.

This was the result of  my BMI calculation today. My weight is exactly 11 stone (naked) and I am 5' 8.5" tall.
Your BMI is 23.1, which means you are in the healthy weight range.
BMI calculator results - what do they mean?
  • Less than 18.5 = underweight
  • 18.5-24.9 = healthy weight
  • 25-29.9 = overweight
  • 30 or greater = very overweight or obese
See: http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx if you need/want to calculate your own BMI.

No comments:

Post a Comment