Search This Blog

Thursday 1 May 2014

Salt of the earth people

A couple of our neighbours, Margaret and Brian, came over for coffee today. When I was in hospital they were very kind indeed and supportive of my wife.

Strange how a serious illness brings out the worst, and very best, in people. A couple of our "Christian" neighbours  (regular churchgoers and the wife a Sunday school teacher) have hardly wanted to know me - they have called to see me once since leaving hospital (we invited them)  -  whereas others have been totally and genuinely concerned and kind.

Two such are Margaret and Brian - genuine "salt of the earth" people, kind to the very core. Thank you.

I am not seeking kindness, but I can easily tell genuine love and kindness from "sham" kindness (doing good because it is a duty).

No comments:

Post a Comment