Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Kindness

Last night, we were sent a copy of our oldest grandson's school report. He is 6.5 years old and lives in London. He is getting on really well, but the thing that pleased us most was that the school think of him as a kind little boy who is faithful to his best friend.

One thing my recent illness has taught me is you find out who your real friends are. Some people that I had expected to be overflowing with kindness and genuine love just don't want to get involved: they have avoided finding out how I am really feeling and this shows and hurts.   Others have gone out of their way to be genuinely kind and caring, bless them. Most times I try to manage but it is good to have genuinely caring friends and relatives. Genuine love shines brightly.

As an example, one of my hobbies is amateur radio and I normally enjoy building and experimenting. This week, two people, one a total stranger, have offered to build a kit I've had for some months. The kit has been left unbuilt as my hands are too clumsy. Such genuine kindness. I was overwhelmed by their offers.

I am so pleased that my grandson is kind and caring. We love him to bits and this is how we find him. I hope he grows up to be kind and loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment