Search This Blog

Monday 15 September 2014

Stroke update

I read one of my posts from very early in the year. In it, I was hoping that after 6 months at home I would be fully fit. That proved optimistic!

It is now September and I still have great fatigue, speaking is poor (breath is short with little expression/modulation)) and effortful - people find it hard to understand what I say unless I speak very slowly and very deliberately - my balance when walking is not good and drinking can be hard work. Food is, generally, little problem now. Overall, I still have a way to go.

I believe I am now ready to drive the car again (I wrote a reminder to the DVLA this weekend as the neurosurgeon wrote to them in June saying I was fine to drive. My U3A course starts October 8th or 9th I think. It would be good to be driving again by then.

My aim is to be off my PEG before the end of this year and to be fully fit again before the spring. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment