Search This Blog

Sunday 22 March 2015

Stroke - further update

Although there are signs I am still making a slow recovery, I am really aware of my health shortcomings currently. Although my poor swallow of thin liquids and poor voice are perhaps the most obvious symptoms to others, it is my fatigue that gets me most. It appears that both physical and mental  activities exhaust me. Having 2 of the grandchildren for 2 nights and picking them up from Birchhanger Services has really tired me out far more than I expected.

It seems I have to pace myself more and not exhaust myself. It is not just physical activity. I need to be careful not to tire myself mentally too. I am told that it is my brain learning to rewire itself. Both physical and mental things are exhausting right now. Plenty of rest is needed.

In the last 1.5 years I have suddenly felt so much older and so much more more vulnerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment