Search This Blog

Sunday 1 April 2018

Lack of faith?

Our local church is now very "happy clappy". My wife got me to go today as it is Easter Sunday.  

Although I used to be a regular worshipper at our church, these days I hardly ever go. In some ways I feel more spiritual, but I now feel no religion "cuts it".

This last 12 months has seen the death of two young sons of friends in very sad circumstances. Life seems cruel and no religion adequately explains how a "good" God can be so cruel. To me it seems like randomness. A good God surely could not be this unkind?

In many ways I envy the simple faith of many, but I am finding it harder and harder to feel that I fit in. To me, all religions fail to provide answers.

As I have said many times before, I feel all religions hint at a deeper truth and are, maybe, attempts to come to terms with our finality.

No comments:

Post a Comment